Thursday, March 15, 2012

What to do with leftovers.


Getting recipes from books, magazines and the web is easy.
Transforming the left overs into something else, it's an art.
I am an artist.
I hate throwing food away. I save the smallest amounts of leftovers
and transform them into something else.

I had leftovers mashed pumpkin and potatoes from yesterday.
Today they became: Pumpkin agnolotti with Gorgonzola-sage cream sauce.

I used wonton wrappers; filled them with the mashed pumpkin/potato.
Added a very small cube of cheese and a little cut up sage. (from my garden)
Dipped the edges with water and closed them.

For the sauce, just heavy cream with some Gorgonzola and a touch of salt and pepper.

I boiled the agnolotti in salted water, just for a few minutes until the floated and the dough
turned a little transparent and you could see the orange filling.
Strained them and saved them for a few seconds while I sauteed some sage leaves in butter.

I warmed up the plates, cover them with the sauce, top the sauce with the agnolotti and
drizzled them with the sage butter.

That's it. Fast, affordable and delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what I like! "Fast, affordable and delicious"! :-D