Monday, April 16, 2012

Daring cooks April Challenge


Our April 2012 Daring Cooks challenge, was quite interesting.


We had to create our own recipe using 1 ingredient out of each of the following lists.


List 1: Parsnips, Eggplant (aubergine), Cauliflower

List 2: Balsamic Vinegar, Goat Cheese, Chipotle peppers

List 3: Maple Syrup, Instant Coffee, Bananas



I have to admit I had a blank when I saw the ingredients. First of all I've never seen

parsnips in Argentina or Maple Syrup; two ingredients: GONE
 
 
It was a beautiful warm fall day perfect for a BBQ.
I looked at my fridge and pantry and I had : Chipotles and instant coffee from the lists.
I also had chicken. I run to the store and got cauliflower.
 
Started the grill and mixed and all purpose rub with the instant coffee and some olive oil;
brushed all the chicken and let it marinade while the coals were getting red.
I blanched the cauliflower, then brushed it with olive oil  and sprinkled it with dry chipotle peppers.
I had all my three ingredients. All on the grill,...laid on the sun and waited.
 
Simple, really simple and so, so flavourful.
 

2 comments:

David said...

Glad you were able to throw something tasty together, even if you couldn't find all the ingredients! This looks amazing!

Buon viaggio. said...

Thanks David. I'm glad I got over my mind blocked.